segunda-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2011

couple of words [71]

He: What else does summer remind you?

She: Flowered dresses. My mom used to wear them a lot.

He: She still does...

She: Yeah... And I got that from her.

He: So that's why you like them so much.

She: Because of her also, yes. But it has something... It gives me a good feeling when I wear it. Peace, happiness, you know?

He: Well I never used one of those but I guess I know this feeling... Old summers when we had nothing to worry about. That kind of happiness.

She: But now we're adults and it's good even with the preoccupations.

He: Happiness... Never changes. It's a blessed feeling.
Like the hippies, they're now older and it's not even a movement anymore but I bet they're still humble about life.

She: My parents were. For some time, I guess before they've even met each other.

He: Nice...
I guess we are a generation of hippies' sons and daughters. That's why we feel so trapped about work routines and stuff.

She: It does make sense...
But our generation is called 'hipsters'. We work a lot more than fourty years ago, we complain a lot more about routine and we still haven't learned to love.

He: Hey. Not everyone though...

She: Of course not, you know it...

He: Now we're hipsters that listen to indie artists and get together with friends in reunions in the middle of the week, drink too much and go to work with dark cicles in the eyes saying that we're never gonna drink again.

She: Hey I only did that once. And it wasn't a reunion with friends, it was our engagement night!

He: Yeah... The next engagement party will be on a saturday night.

She: With your other fianceé, right?

He: Oh yeah. We already have babies. Twins hipsters, so cute!

Nenhum comentário: